Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hurricane Lucy

I meant to do this post last week but one of the girls ran off with my camera cord and I just found it yesterday. I cleaned my house last week on Monday and it was SPOTLESS, well almost. I've learned to accept the fact that my house is never perfectly clean because I have kids. If I'm busy cleaning then they are busy playing or destroying. The day after I cleaned my house this is what happens. Actually, this is what can happen in twenty short minutes while I'm on the computer or switching the laundry:

This picture doesn't capture the full disaster. Notice the drawers that hold the toys are not even in their plastic frame. Also in the back it's hard to see half the book shelf spread out on the floor. Esther is pretty good at making messes but Lucy takes the cake. She is comparable to a hurricane or a tornado. Her goal in life is to empty out drawers, cupboards, shelfs, and anything else that contains any type of object. Most our cupboards are baby proofed but now she can reach the drawers I thought she wouldn't be able to reach until I could train her. One week my drawers were organized, now they each look like a random junk drawer. She's pretty amazing.

While Esther is a lot more tidy then Lucy, she has her tendencies. Esther is my chair mover. She's discovered a whole new world by moving chairs--she can cook with mommy, reach any food in the pantry or fridge, crawl over the gate to the stairs, and answer the phone. Last week she also decided it would be fun to move ALL the chairs. They became some part of her creative world and she told me she moved them so Lucy could also climb on them and they could sing songs. I think it's cute she has found this new independence through chairs but we need to work on the "putting the chair back" part.

Despite the large amount of cleaning and reorganizing I do I still have the best job in the world.

3 comments:

Laura's Linoleum said...

I have to laugh because our house looks like that every evening before the kids go to bed. Unfortunately, I'm all out of juice by then, so it doesn't get cleaned up until the next morning. I totally hate it when my kids mess something up right after it was all perfectly clean. But if there was never any cleaning to do, we just wouldn't be young mothers, now, would we?

Gary Church said...

I have Lucy's male clone over here. I swear, it is his SOLE purpose in life .... to destroy all my cupboards, drawers, cabinets, etc. Little punks. What would we do without them?!

I'm actually comforted to see these pictures. Since he's my first, I've been wondering if there was something wrong with him. Seriously.

*** said...

Some days it seems crazy to even pick up, doesn't it?!? I try to get the house picked up before Tim gets home, but boy does he get a surprise when he tries to surprise us by showing up early :). I love the chair arranging, how clever of Esther! I love the creative play they come up with, so very cute...