Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

A Sienna joins the family

I really really never thought I would ever say this but I LOVE my new minivan. Yes, we bought a minivan. We have been trying to sell John's truck for a very long time with no luck. Since gas prices got really high he started taking my Focus to work and I've been driving the truck around. With gas prices still on the rise and the sinking feeling that the dodge was depreciating by day we decided to take the plunge. We did end up selling the truck privately at the last second to a ward member who had previously shown interest and was willing to offer a bit more than the dealership. I think John shed a few tears as the new owner drove away in his truck. Last night we were preparing to buy this navy blue 2004 Honda Odyssey (yes, a horrible color but it's just a car and we didn't want a car payment) at the Honda dealership but they were not very willing to come down to the price we wanted. It was still a pretty good deal and we planned on taking it but John decided to run over to the Toyota dealership one more time and see what they were willing to do for this 2007 Sienna with the same mileage. Obviously, we got an amazing deal and for slightly more than the Odyssey would have cost us. And look at that color! Silver is Esther's favorite color lately so I know she'll really apppreciate it too. Thank you John for taking care of the haggling--we all know if I would have been the haggler we never would have made it. And thank you for my hot new Sienna!

8 comments:

littlest said...

i never thought i would say it either kate...but minivans are awesome!! congrats!!

littlest said...

i never thought i would say it either kate...but minivans are awesome!! congrats!!

Becca G said...

Yay! I remember how excited I was when we got our first "family" car. It's great to have more space!

Becca G said...

YAY! I remember when we got our first "family" car. It's great to have more space!

cori said...

Welcome to the minivan mom club. None of us are here by choice...rather practicality. It is my hope for you that you genuinely enjoy your minivan for the years you have it but pass it on to another young mother when the realization hits 'who am I and why am I driving a minivan?'.

This truly is a moment worth celebrating!

Jennifer said...

Kate,
Sweet...we have the SAME Sienna! We bought ours just before Thanksgiving, same color, a couple of years older, but low mileage, etc. I love it. Does yours have the power doors?

*** said...

Kate! Congrats on the van. Funny how we all hated them as tweens and teenagers, but we will all end up with one...they are too perfect for the fam and so very spacious. Congrats and LOVE the color, so glad John worked his magic.

Gary Church said...

I like it too!! I'm recently starting to realize the value of a minivan. We could be joining you soon! lol.