Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A very good birthday



I had a great birthday yesterday. The morning started off with Lucy waking up early (I'm sure she couldn't wait to give me some birthday wishes) and Esther woke up shortly after that and the first thing out of her mouth was "Happy Birthday Mommy!" Then she ran to the couch to get a few scraps of paper she had scribbled on and hidden under pillows to suprise me with, aka "my cards." After I perused my cards she asked me if we could make the cake and if I wanted pink icing (just like what we did for her birthday). I told her I was more of a chocolate girl and she was okay with that. Later in the morning we headed out with my friend Brooke and Brent to go to the water park in Ripon. Beth and Lisa, my sisters in-law, and a few friends, met us there and we enjoyed the sun and water. Lucy wasn't too into the water until I decided to take her swimsuit off and put her regular clothes on and then she decided she was ready to get wet. Towards the end they pulled out some mini cupcakes and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was so nice of them! After naps in the afternoon Esther kept bugging me about finding the party hats and after a long unsuccessful search we decided to just go buy some. We met John in at the Livermore Target and did a little shopping. Then we headed to the China Pavilion for a delicious birthday dinner. John gave me my presents--clothes from H&M and flowers! Thanks to Bruce he was able to take time off work during the day to drive to Walnut Creek and get my present. He's come a long way in the gift-giving and you could even say he's getting pretty good! The fun didn't end there! John surprised me when we got home with my friend Brooke coming over to babysit so we could go out! We first had to do a quick cupcake candle ceremony and birthday song with the party hats and everything in order to satisfy Esther's birthday expectations. I especially enjoyed this because of how excited Esther was about it. After the candles she said, "Mommy, how many numbers are you?" She always keeps me laughing. We put the girls to bed after that and headed to a movie. It was just a perfect day because I got to talk to a lot of friends and family on the phone, and then spend all day with friends and family, especially my Johnny! Thank you everyone for making it a wonderful day!

6 comments:

R. Patton said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE! How loved you must feel! You are truly so lucky to have family near and that you all get along so well. You are very blessed!

The Shupe Ohana said...

happy birthday kate! sounds like afun day. ya gotta love when you get a little alone time with the hubby!

Blake and Yanery said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I was there. I hope you had a great birthday! Love you guys!

Becca G said...

Happy Birthday! What no ballons?

Gary Church said...

Happy [late] Birthday, Kate!!

*** said...

Happy Birthday Kate!!! I'm so glad you had such a fun day with your friends and cute family. And, way to go John on the surprise planning for a night out and on flowers presents from H&M! Also, love how Esther hid your cards in the couch, hilarious!